Are you thinking of renewing your countertop? Have you contemplated the White quartz countertops? These are the vanguard within this type of surfaces. They are resistant and easy to clean, although what really makes the difference is the variety and quality of the finishes in which we can find them.
What are White Quartz Countertops?
They are countertops for kitchen and bathroom manufactured through an industrial process where quartz, approximately 95%, resins, and pigments are used. The use of quartz, one of the most resistant materials that we can find in nature, gives it great resistance to the result. The combination of resins and pigments adds the possibility of creating all kinds of designs and textures.
Designs of White Toronto Quartz Countertops
As we have said, quartz Toronto countertops are available in a growing variety of designs and textures. It is due to its manufacturing process, during which quartz is mixed with different pigments. In this way, the possible options or designs are a technical and imagination issue.
They are without a doubt the best option for those who are looking for a quality worktop with homogeneous colour, even white. As for the patterns, the possibilities are not negligible, the quality of these and the designs have higher quality every day. We can find them original or imitating other materials such as marble.
Regarding the textures on the quartz surfaces, we find essentially Polished and rough finishes. Within the latter, different grades can be seen, so that some brands make distinctions based on this roughness. However, smooth or polished textures predominate.
Advantages and Disadvantages of White Quartz Toronto countertops for kitchens and bathrooms
Among the Advantages of white quartz kitchen countertops include:
- Due to its manufacturing process, during which this surface is polished through an advanced engineering process, it is not necessary to initially or periodically seal this type of countertops for bathrooms and kitchens.
- They are antibacterial.
- The patterns and colours are more homogeneous, which favours the combination with other decorative elements such as floors, tiles, etc.
- There are several manufacturers that offer the possibility of integrating the sink perfectly in the countertop, which means greater aesthetic uniformity and a perfect result.
- They are easy to clean and have greater resistance to aggressive cleaners.
- Great resistance to scratches and bumps.
- With these quartz compounds, not only countertops are manufactured, but also floors, wall cladding, etc. This increases the possibilities considerably.
- These quartz surfaces are heat resistant; however, if this is extreme it can damage them. Avoid putting pots or pans with which you were cooking at high temperatures immediately on the countertop, if you do, use a placemat.
- If they are damaged, they are practically impossible to repair.
- Some chemicals can deteriorate brightness and colour. For example, water-repellent products such as strippers or caustic soda, also bleach and solvents.
- Not all quartz countertops are the same, and of course, not all have the same characteristics. Before finally deciding on a design and a manufacturer, be interested in the tests against bumps, scratches or stains that the manufacturer must have passed.